Author Topic: license help  (Read 1989 times)

ifixpc

license help
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
Hi....
I have started a business getting rid of viruses and spyware etc...I'm confused about the avast licensing....
If I download a copy of the free 'home edition avast' and kept it on CD....can I use this copy to  install on customers PC's  (who are Home users and not commercial/ business users) rather than downloading from the avast website everytime I go to a customers house...
I would want to to do the same with any business customers and keep a copy of the business 'avert pro' trial version on CD to install on a business customers PC...what are the legalities of that....
Basically what I'm saying is rather than downloading the free versions and trials versions at the customers house/business....can I keep a copy on CD and use this copy
Obviously I dont charge for the software BUT only the labour and time to install it....I have made a customer disclaimer to explain this......
Any help would be great
Cheers
Andy

stacie4171

Re: license help
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »
Good question. Can someone please answer this?

Stacie

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: license help
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 02:22:20 PM »
Well, I'm not the "official" person to decide that (I'd suggest to e-mail to sales@avast), but I don't see any difference between downloading a new copy each time and keeping it on your personal CD or hard disk (except for the fact that the one downloaded from web might be slightly newer, but that's not the point here).