Author Topic: Avast Cleanup and Optimizer taking too long.  (Read 664 times)

Offline rol_govant

Avast Cleanup and Optimizer taking too long.
« on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »
Greetings.  My HP workstation is running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, 24 GB or RAM installed.  I am running a registered version of Avast Premier and Cleanup Premium.  I ran a Full Scan on my workstation and Avast reported all is OK - I also ran Smart Scan with no issues encountered.  The problem I am having is running Cleanup Premium: Cleanup starts normally prompting it has found 541 MB that needs to be clean off the workstation.   Once I clicked on Cleanup icon to start executing, the horizontal process bar starts to move toward the right and it stops midway, doing nothing.  I rebooted the workstation several times, and Cleanup acts the same way.  The longest I left Cleanup running was two hours, with no results.  I search my problem with Cleanup on the internet and it seem this is an on-going situation.  (I consulted the IT engineers at my place of employment (a huge broadcasting company here in New York) and a few don't have nice things to say about Avast and its components.) Can anyone please help?  Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.