Author Topic: Something is not right with Avast Passwords now  (Read 3088 times)

REDACTED

Something is not right with Avast Passwords now
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:43:34 PM »
I couldn't even load Avast passwords, and the browser extension was MIA.  I therefore followed the instructions posted elsewhere on the forums and did a repair.  This had no effect.  I then followed the instructions to do a clean install, as also stated elsewhere, and once finally back up and running I connected to my account to hopefully sync my previous passwords and get this:
see attached image

WTF?!

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Something is not right with Avast Passwords now
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05:27 AM »
This may happen in 2 cases (or 3rd=unknown bug)

1st case - you are using remote desktop (via RDP protocol) to connect the machine, this is long time known bug not yet fixed. If that's the case and you need to use remote connection, please use VNC or TeamViewer instead

2nd case - you have been using the account (synchronization) before repair and that connection is lost after repair. You then created new passwords vault without being using the account in main UI. Then you try to connect to account, which leads to vault migration to the new location, but that location contains passwords vault you have had before repair, thus it fails. If that's the case, then I recommend following procedure:
  • Go to settings/passwords
  • Export existing passwords to CSV or for any of supported browsers so will not loose them
  • Lock vault (if the option is not available - create master password first - guidance is shown in passwords settings
  • After passwords are locked there is Remove vault option in top section of settings page
  • Remove current vault
  • On Dashboard page, please log in to the account
  • Once it succeeded, go to Privacy/Passwords, you should have all passwords back and if you have had synchronization enabled it should work again without any other action required
  • If your extension is disconnected then in Settings/Passwords you may establish connection hitting reinstall next to browser icon you want to use in Browser integration section

If none of these helps, please contact me via PM, I would like to investigate your case deeply as it must be related to the bug we don't know about yet.

Regards,

Martin

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »
I am also having trouble with my Avast account.  I recently renewed my subscription after it had lapsed, got my license key from the third party seller Digital River and downloaded avast, activated it without issue and now I am trying to connect my account but it's not letting me.  I reset my password 3 times and each time it gives me the link and lets me reset but then when I log out and log back in it says incorrect password.

I even tried making a new account and connecting my newly licensed application to my new account (created using a google account this time) and even that didn't work.

Seems like somethings wrong with your authentication servers.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
Michael, your problem has nothing to do with this threads topic.
Please (re)search first and if you can't find a solution start your own thread in the correct forum and provide details.