Author Topic: Wanted to start bank modus, did not work, now safezone browser seems uninstalled  (Read 2214 times)

REDACTED

Hello! I wanted to use the bank modus in safezone browser and clicked the credit card icon. Nothing happened, but when getting with the mouse sign over the icon a message appeared, that the bank modus is started or something alike. But long time nothing happened. Hence, I closed the browser. After restart of the computer (Win7), the icon for Safezone was crashed, the file SZBrowser folder in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software gone.
In Avast Free AV -> settings -> tools, no Safezone any more...  :-[
How can I get Safezone Browser back or at least my open websites and bookmarks??
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 12:13:51 PM by francaise76 »

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
The SafeZone Browser is history.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB209
From September 2017, SafeZone Browser is being discontinued and will no longer be distributed. Our new browser, which includes a range of new security and privacy tools, will be available for download in the near future. If you already have SafeZone Browser installed on your PC, you will be automatically upgraded to our latest browser as soon as it is released.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

Dear Avast Team,

I understand that you wish to update your software and may also take out some features. But doing this while it is running without a notified update or giving a chance to postpone it at least some minutes until personal data/links etc. are saved - via a pop up in the browser or something similar - is not the way you will win me as a buying customer! And I use your software on my computer, the smartphone...

I your text cited above it is given "If you already have SafeZone Browser installed on your PC, you will be automatically upgraded to our latest browser as soon as it is released.". This does not make think you could uninstall the browser totally before the new one is ready!

The next time, please think about some better way to inform your users and give possibilities to change a bit later to the new version when introducing new features or when taking some out of the software! Who will use it, if there is no confidence, that it is useable without problems?

Greetings francaise76