Author Topic: Avastclear  (Read 1438 times)

REDACTED

Avastclear
« on: September 14, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
I used avastclear from the Avast Site to remove some files, which where left behind with the uninstall program from Avast.
Avastclear asked permission to go to safe mode. I agreed. The laptop trarted up and the the laptop stopped and won't start again to Windows10. W#hen I tryed to rapair Windows 10 I got the the message that the laptop was blocked,
I tryed all the repair options but nothing helped. I need help and hope that anywhan can help me.

Rind regards,
Jaap

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avastclear
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »
Do you have a Windows rescue disk? If you do try rebooting using the rescue disk.
A rescue disk is sometimes refered to as a boot disk. It contains the necessary files to reboot your machine.
Creating a rescue disk is always a good habit to get into.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
Do you have a Windows rescue disk? If you do try rebooting using the rescue disk.
A rescue disk is sometimes refered to as a boot disk. It contains the necessary files to reboot your machine.

What a kind of useless comment and solution from avast!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »
I used avastclear from the Avast Site to remove some files, which where left behind with the uninstall program from Avast.
Avastclear asked permission to go to safe mode. I agreed. The laptop trarted up and the the laptop stopped and won't start again to Windows10. W#hen I tryed to rapair Windows 10 I got the the message that the laptop was blocked,
I tryed all the repair options but nothing helped. I need help and hope that anywhan can help me.

Rind regards,
Jaap

I always use revo uninstaller pro for removing avast completely from my machine. I think you should use it.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 10:17:43 AM »
1]
The OP's post has nothing to do with the topic of this forum.

2]
Murat, you clearly have no clue at all what you are talking about.
-
Para-Noid is not from avast.

-
Revo will only work if the uninstaller from the application is still there and if the uninstaller is registered in the registry.
It is completely useless if the uninstaller is not working and/or not working.

-
Revo is not removing avast completely nor does avastclear.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:22:06 AM »

What a kind of useless comment and solution from avast!

This comment and suggestion (to have a means of recovery for many situations is just good practice) that so irritates you has nothing to do with avast, but another avast user just like yourself.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security