Author Topic: No pop up notifications/alerts  (Read 1351 times)

REDACTED

No pop up notifications/alerts
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:34:56 AM »
So my computer no longer notifies me when Avast starts a scan and show the scan results, nor does it pop up when and if a threat was detected and blocked. I have gone thru my settings and made it so that I get notifications but nothing changed. What can I do to fix it?

Offline Steve S

Re: No pop up notifications/alerts
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:15:16 AM »
I can confirm that when there is a threat I get the sound alert and lady's voice however I do not see the actual popup visual alert.  I posted it here already on the NEW Version page:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=208020.msg1418395#msg1418395

Hi, my first post ever to the Avast Forums, it might be related to the #2 post of this thread.

I've seen with the latest update from the other day, that when an alert comes across, I only hear the audible alert.

There is no longer a popup, a counter on the system tray, or a notification on the notification pane in the main GUI.  If I download an EICAR, the only trace I can see is if I copy and paste my own file and then ends up in the Virus Chest with the above still happening.

I uninstalled using Avast Clear in Windows Safe Mode and reinstalled and it still continues to happen.

I do only use this product on an Acer Netbook 1.6 Ghz processor with 1 Gb ram on Windows 7 32bit so maybe that is the problem right there?

I'm just wondering if these are known issues and if an update is expected from these conditions.

Thank you all and have a great day!