Author Topic: Reseller Question  (Read 2921 times)

goodwyne

Reseller Question
« on: April 28, 2006, 01:11:28 AM »
I'm a reseller and I have a potential customer who has fairly large needs.  He is running 10 servers and 160 workstations.  He wants them all covered and he want to run avast! managed.  I see that the tools are there to do that but the price quote calculator doesn't include ADNM and I'm having trouble determining what he actually needs.  Downloading the trial version of ADNM includes a client but it is unclear to me whether that is avast! Pro or something else.

Also, one of this guys servers is SB server Pro.  SB Pro version of avast! has to include at least 5 client licenses.  Are these the same as avast! Pro or something different?  If all work stations are running from client licenses off the SB Pro server, does he even need separate avast! Pro licenses?

I've been bogged down in this for a couple of days now and considering the size of this order, I really want to make it work but the last thing I need is to get it wrong. ???

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Reseller Question
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:56:33 AM »
Hi,

first, it would be most helpful if you sent your question to sales@avast.com (or any other contact emails you have) in the first place. We have staff that is trained in this, and will easily help you.

Anyway, I think I can help you too...

1. ADNM pricing: http://www.avast.com/eng/adnm_pricing.html

2. What to download: if you want to use ADNM and the managed clients, you only need to download the ADNM package. During installation, the avast management server will create a repository of all managed products, and will you install the agents directly from the repository.

3. About SBS. I suppose that by "Pro" you mean "Premium"..? There's just two types of MS SBS - Standard and Premium.

SBS has special licensing to lower the costs in small network situations (it's sort of a bundle for good price). However, in your scenario, I don't think it would be wise to bother with the SBS license. Use regular Server Edition instead.

I guess your best bet is to go with the avast Standard Suite (170 lic), OR, if mail server scanning is also required, the avast! Advanced Suite (also 170 lic).

This will cover all your machines (and up to 18 servers).

Thanks
Vlk

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

goodwyne

Re: Reseller Question
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 04:35:52 AM »
Thanks, that was very helpful.  I will follow up with sales.  I just haven't had occasion to ask anything since being a reseller for like a year and a half and didn't want to tie up email unnecessarily.