Author Topic: Virus infected my computer, Avast can't detect it  (Read 4300 times)

REDACTED

Virus infected my computer, Avast can't detect it
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:36:25 PM »
I recently got a virus a couple days ago from a website I had thought was reputable. The image name is "vgasfeb.exe *32" and the process is called "Windows Process Manager" and starts slightly after startup, which I think, is why antivirus can't detect it as a startup virus. I have located where I believe the virus resides (user/appdata/local) but I cannot delete it. When I attempted to delete some folders I believe to be associated with the virus, I either get an insufficient permissions popup, even though I am Admin, stating "access denied" or the folders return slightly after startup. I have used avast to scan this folder but it does not detect it as a virus. I'm currently running a full scan with avast, but I am skeptical that it will succeed in identifying and resolving the issue. I need help. I have included pictures of the virus process name and the folders that continue to return after deletion. I really do not want to fresh install windows 7 again, as I only got this computer about a month ago and have already installed most of my games.

Thank you.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Virus infected my computer, Avast can't detect it
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:49:29 PM »
I recently got a virus a couple days ago from a website I had thought was reputable.
So you say a reputable website cant infect you? .... wrong, clean today can be hacked tomorrow  >>  https://heimdalsecurity.com/blog/malicious-websites/