Author Topic: Popup-Windows  (Read 993 times)

REDACTED

Popup-Windows
« on: September 11, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »
Hi,

the popup windows, exspecially after scheduled scan, don't close in expexted time defined in preferences (5 to 20 secs by level).

Bug or Feature?

BR
wkn

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Popup-Windows
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:04:58 PM »
What scan are you doing and what pops are you getting ?

I very rarely do on-demand scans, more so scheduled scans. But as far as I'm aware these popups don't fall into the normal popup categories.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 10:49:48 PM »
Hi DavidR,

i use version 17.6.2310 and just watched what happens when scheduled full scan is started.

Popup-window opens, progress bar goes from 0 to 100%, after that the message No Problems found, finish sound and the blue counter in tray icon increases.

But then this popup stays open until manually closed. In my opinion not nessesary if no problem was found, the log would be enough for details. This is no showstopper, but the functionallity was different in earlier versions. And not to forget to not press the detail button in the popup, which still causes rescan instead of showing log data.

BR
wkn

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 11:10:25 PM »
Well that it would appear is the scanning window and not a popup as such, so I rather doubt it would conform to popup settings.

A other thought, since this is a scheduled scan, if it closed automatically how would the user know that it completed successfully.  The next point is the tray icon blue counter increasing could be a reason why the window hasn't closed.

Yes the functionality did change in this version and not for the better in my opinion, in effect you have to open the Notification area, the Bell icon at the top of the UI to see what was found (that was cranking up the tray icon blue count) and to be able to dismiss/take action on what was found.
The bug with the scan starting if you click the details button is one that was previously resolved came back in the last beta and hasn't been resolved yet. This is a pain in the backside and there is too much of that a bug fixed in one version only to return again after another update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security