Author Topic: Support Sucks  (Read 1052 times)

Offline ljhgist

Support Sucks
« on: September 14, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
I have downloaded a program to my computer that I need 3x now over 2 days. Every time I try to open it, Avast pops up and tells me that this kind of file can hurt my computer and that the file has been sent to the lab for further evaluation and will get back to me soon. That was 2 days ago. I can't install the program on my computer because it won't let me. It's safe and from a trusted source. If that wasn't bad enough, I called Avast to see how to disable that because I can't find it anywhere and I sat through ad after ad after ad after ad on and on for 5 minutes. Push 1 for this valuable offer otherwise push #.  Everytime I push # it starts off on another offer. I pushed # until I got tired of doing it and hung up.

Needless to say I will now be uninstalling Avast and that is really too bad. I have used them for years. However, I cannot keep something that restricts me from basic operations and then has absolutely no support. Not even an email address just that damn phone number with constant ads. You never reach a person.

To all who have read this, sorry for the vent. I'm really angry and upset. Now I have to research and find a new anti-virus program and I don't have time for that.  Also, if anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows a fix I'll try it until I get something else.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Support Sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 10:02:16 PM »
Scan The file at virustotal.com

Post link to scan result here and we will notify avast lab

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:26:07 PM by Pondus »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Support Sucks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
avast doesn't give support by phone.
What you called was a third party.
Support is given through the ticket system and here on this webboard.

Ofcourse you can install the application if you learn how to use avast first.
Set a exclusion for it.