Author Topic: Firefox & Mailwasher Problems  (Read 2318 times)

ike68

Firefox & Mailwasher Problems
« on: April 28, 2006, 05:00:00 PM »
I've been using Firefox and Mailwasher Pro with Avast Home for about 2 months.  Within the last two weeks, Firefox and Mailwasher have been somehow blocked from full access to the internet.  If I disable Avast, they work fine.  IE works either way.

Searching online, I found a few other people who have posted similiar problems recently.  Any suggestions, because I really like Avast all 3 programs.

XP Pro SP2 installed, with all the latest security fixes. Firefox 1.5.0.2, Mailwasher Pro 5.0

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Firefox & Mailwasher Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:20:42 PM »
What is your firewall ?
Do they allow ashWebSv.exe (web shield) and ashMaiSv.exe (email scanner) ?

The latest version of MWP is 5.2, shouldn't cost to update ?
I also use MWP and I have it excluded from avast scanning.

By editing the avast4.ini file, [MailScanner] section using a text editor like notepad. It is best to save a copy of avast4.ini to another location in case of any problem, you can then copy the original back.

MailWasher doesn't download the complete email to do its analysis, it only downloads the headers, a small part of the body, it doesn't download images or attachments and it views what is downloaded in text only. Based on this I personally don't feel that any negligible risk worth scanning duplication, but the choice is yours.

[MailScanner]
IgnoreProcess=MailWasher.exe add this line if you don't already have an IgnoreProcess line.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security