Author Topic: New Avast cleanup not working  (Read 22769 times)

REDACTED

I did a "repair registry broken links" on the AVAST cleanup tool and had both the start and search disabled on my windows 10 .
it took me 5 days to figure it was the avast causing this problem .
I tried using several tools to try and repair the problem unsuccessfully .
lucky for me I made to undo the "500 repairs" avast did , I rebooted and I am back on track .
OMG - removed all this buggy program .
Pls be warned .
Saldu no easy way to report these bugs to avast via the icon in windows .

Offline Farrel3

Re: Avast cleanup not working
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2020, 09:30:34 PM »
I have also installed the Avast Premium Update as of 6/6/2020, and now the "Cleanup" no longer works.  I called the telephone # 855 745-3255 that was supplied, but it directed me to  www.Avast.com/support.  This was no help! I used the "cleanup" frequently, and would like to continue to use it, but I don't know where to find the support I need.  I don't think I should have to pay a third party to examine this issue since I've been a loyal Avast customer for several years.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Avast cleanup not working
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »
I have also installed the Avast Premium Update as of 6/6/2020, and now the "Cleanup" no longer works.  I called the telephone # 855 745-3255 that was supplied, but it directed me to  www.Avast.com/support.  This was no help! I used the "cleanup" frequently, and would like to continue to use it, but I don't know where to find the support I need.  I don't think I should have to pay a third party to examine this issue since I've been a loyal Avast customer for several years.

Hello,

it is pretty hard to just guess what might went wrong when you installed the Avast Premium update so I would like to ask you to provide us with logs from your machine so we can analyze them to see what happened.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically send to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.