Author Topic: New Avast cleanup not working  (Read 22624 times)

REDACTED

New Avast cleanup not working
« on: September 12, 2017, 04:18:50 AM »
Recently, Avast Premier upgraded its Performance->cleanup but this cleanup no longer works.
After scanning or cleaning, it will freeze up at around the 15-20% mark.
Is the program now has bug that prevent the features to further cleanup junk on the system or the cleanup is actually a junk program?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: New Avast cleanup not working
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »
avast has managed to screw CleanUp up.
Tell them to fix things >  https://support.avast.com

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »
Hi, sorry for the troubles, we are working on a fix. We aim to release the fix this week. Until then we don't recommend to update to version 17.6. On version 17.5 it works fine.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »
I am having the same issue.   :-[

Offline c58piranha

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
I am having the same issue.
I called customer support and after handing over the control to my computer and the rep going through my registry he said it was not avast causing the problem and pointed out some files then proceeded to try to sell me support packages. when i declined because i already have a plan he sent me to his supervisor who pushed the plans to purchase even harder even going to the point of saying nobody had the technical background but them to fix the problem. And now i see someone from Avast here saying there is an issue that is being worked on. I am not thrilled with customer support in India right now !!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 02:03:13 AM »
As has been explained several times on this webboard, that is not avast what you called but a third party that only handles a small amount of things for avast.
If I where you I would file a complaint about them.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
Having the same report in the Japanese forum, it would be best to notify us in this topic when the fix is released :)
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 03:31:03 PM »
Sorry for the delay, we fixed the issue on internal builds and now we are testing it. It will be released next week.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
Cleanup still gets stuck in stage 1.  It's been something like a month since I installed the last update that caused cleanup to cease working.  Emailed customer service, got a reply.  Instructions on the reply failed to correct the problem. 

Avast, it's not wise business practice to have folks who paid you for a service that fails to work.  If this issue is not resolved quickly, I'll be left with no choice but to move to another provider, never to return the Avast.  Extraordinarily disappointed!

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 02:12:31 PM »
também acho , este cleanup  é muito ruim , não faz o que promete , compromete até o slogan da empresa "aguarde enquanto fazemos o que sabemos de melhor" ou seja nada !! micro congela não termina o processo nunca .

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 05:16:25 AM »
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
is there an update for avast cleanup premium?  I'm currently in version 17.6.2310 (build 17.6.3625.0) and my cleanup still stalls.
Thanks
R

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:03 PM »
My Cleanup is doing the same thing and I have the same version. 

Offline Lupine Assassin

• FurAffinity
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 09:07:52 PM »
Since the latest Avast Premier upgrade, every time turn on my laptop I get an alert saying Avast Cleanup expired prompting me to renew, even though I paid for a license the same day I purchased a Premier license. Anyone got a fix?
We all bleed blue from the inside....

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 01:33:33 AM »
Best 'fix' -> remove everything from avast and start using working software.
Stop wasting your money on a company that refuses to assign enough people to at least make the list with known bugs even a bit smaller.