Author Topic: Synchronisation  (Read 3788 times)

REDACTED

Synchronisation
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »
Bonjour à tous,

Quand je demande la synchronisation, je reçois un message qui me dit qu'il faut que j'autorise mon pc depuis un autre appareil connecté. Pour l'instant je n"'ai rien d'autre qui soit connecté. D'ailleurs, j'ai essayé de le faire depuis ma tablette et je ne trouve rien qui me permette de connecter mon pc.  Et pourtant le système m'a donné un code.

Indépendamment, je souhaite savoir si les password sont conservés dans mon compte chez Avast, sinon comment faire un backup?

Merci à l'avance pour votre aide.
Alain
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:37:20 PM by le papet »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Synchronisation
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 05:54:36 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
Please follow this guide
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB92
Hello, french or english?? (I prefer french  ;)  )

First of all, thank you for the help.

Then, I executed the procedure that you indicated to me.
However I do not manage to end it because I don't remember  myself of the "passcode" which is asked at the last stage.
Furthermore I do not think already asked a synchro in the past.
In front of this difficulty how may I make a backup of my passwords?

one time more I thank you very much.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 11:34:56 PM »
This is english forum and I can't speck french so I prefer english :-)

Sad to hear this. I can see that you have set synchronization for the account with email you use on forum for the first time
on Mar 12, 2016
device HUAWEI Y550
this info could help you remember first time set passcode. You may have set PIN instead of password so you may try to brute force your own passcode, there is no limit in number of tries on desktop ;-)

If you can't remember password for recovery process, the only option is start from scratch.
I can reset your synchronization group, you would need to turn off synchronization on all current devices first and then you can set it up again. We have no recovery mechanizm to reveal the password.
Let me know (via PM) if you want to perform the reset and I will post you steps which are required to be done on your side before I perform reset.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »
I can see that you have set synchronization for the account with email you use on forum for the first time on Mar 12, 2016 device HUAWEI Y550
this info could help you remember first time set passcode. You may have set PIN instead of password so you may try to brute force your own passcode, there is no limit in number of tries on desktop ;-)

Unfortunatly, my smartphone is sick  >:( I am able to use it as an old cellular!!! Impossible to download or access any app. Then I have to start from schratch.

Quote from: Martin Kvetko
I can reset your synchronization group, you would need to turn off synchronization on all current devices first and then you can set it up again. We have no recovery mechanizm to reveal the password.
Let me know (via PM) if you want to perform the reset and I will post you steps which are required to be done on your side before I perform reset.

don't understand that: (via PM)

I agree to start from scratch and perfomr the reset but please  :-\  I don't want to lose my passwords. So Is there a process to do backup?

Your help is very valuable. I thank you so much.
Alain

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »
PM - means private message. As your case may be very specific to you only it doesn't make much sense to me run through the whole procedure publicly in the forum thread. Only solution summary is valuable, but as you already continued publicly let's continue in public ;-)

I assume that you have your passwords (those you don't want to lose) on your desktop, right? If so, you can export them either to CSV or in firefox or chrome compatible format (I recommend some browser compatible format as in case of failure you can import the data at least to browser and we can then grab it from there).
Just go Avast->Settings->Passwords and there you can find the export section (at the bottom of the section - you need to scroll). This is just to make sure you won't lose anything if something bad happens.
In your case, as you haven't synchronized data yet (as you are not trusted on any device. If you turn off synchronization on the device, all data stays there. We delete only data which has already been synchronized. If you have any other device where you have passwords stored, you should do the same means turn off synchronization.
This option is available In avast->settings>passwords on mobile settings->synchronization section
Once you are at this point it means that all your devices are ready for synchronization group reset let me know and will perform a reset and post rest of instructions.

Regards,

Martin