Author Topic: Volume lowered to off after call blocker blocks a call.  (Read 5223 times)

REDACTED

Volume lowered to off after call blocker blocks a call.
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:09:30 PM »
I bought my SKY Devices elite 5.5l late last year. It had no call blocker of its own which I find to be absolutely and idiotic decision by the Android folks. In any case luckily it came with Avast mobile which has its own call blocker...well sort of. Apparently it's impossible to block calls completely anymore...no idea why. But at least Avast Mobile will direct them to voicemail...which is something i guess.

That worked fine until recently. The calls are still blocked...or actually sent to voicemail, but over the past couple of weeks I've been missing calls and have found my ringer volume turned all the way off and I can not even increase the volume...it will not allow it. Took me some time to figure out the culprit to be Avast Mobile. If I restart the phone...I'm ok until the next time Avast blocks a call.

What happens now is...if a call comes in from a number I have listed to block....I only hear 1 or maybe 1 and a half rings. Avast Mobile seems to be lowering the volume so I don't hear the phone ringing. After the 4 rings ( I only hear 1 - 1.5 ) the call is sent to voicemail. When I next check my phone...the volume is all the way off and I can not increase it. Not sure why this is happening. The lowering of the volume is new..maybe from an update? In any case unless you can make this stop I'll have ti uninstall it and find something else to use. I can not afford to miss important calls.

What I did to figure out it was Avast, was after a recent blocked call...I checked and the volume was 'stuck' down as has been happening. Instead of rebooting the phone...I went into apps and stopped all the avast services only. I was then immediately able to reset the volume to where I wanted it.