Author Topic: make a scan shedule  (Read 2126 times)

labroi

make a scan shedule
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:23:18 PM »
I try to find how to programe a scan automaticly , I meen the day and the time i like could you help mee please thanks you verry much, i have the free version .

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: make a scan shedule
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »
These advanced automated options are only available in the Pro version.

However there is a workaround, check This out - HOWTO: Scheduled Automatic Scans avast! Home Version!

The major disadvantage with the task scheduler trick of using ashquick.exe is, it will scan every file of the hdd, partition, folder or file that you set it to scan; even those files not considered a potential threat, this can take a long time. It is possible to add certain folders to the exclusions list for say your media files, etc. This could leave you vulnerable if that folder got infected as it wouldn't be scanned by the on-demand scanner as you have excluded it.

The Pro version gives a lot more flexibility and the scan would follow the settings and exclusions, etc. of the regular scan.

With the different levels of protection of and the fall back of the Standard Shield, I find the need for daily scheduled scans lessened. I prefer to do a manual scan with my regular weekly maintenance tasks.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security