Author Topic: Spare Avast licence  (Read 1697 times)

REDACTED

Spare Avast licence
« on: September 17, 2017, 12:08:54 AM »
Hi,
I purchased three avast licences a while ago and now I have a spare one which I would like to install on my phone. However I can't find where to enter the licence key in the app. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Spare Avast licence
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:21:56 AM »
If you bought the license for a pc, you can't.

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB66

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »
Thanks for the fast reply!
Too bad. Guess I will have to pay for it again then

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:43:12 AM »
Hi,
I purchased three avast licences a while ago and now I have a spare one which I would like to install on my phone. However I can't find where to enter the licence key in the app. Does anyone know how to do that?
Thanks in advance! :)

Currently the avast license isn't cross platform, so you couldn't apply it to an android phone.  Avast have made comments about making it possible to have a multi platform license, but as an avast user I don't have any details on this or likely time frame if it does proceed.

You could always submit a support ticket to sales to see if they could swap one for one.  Unfortunately there isn't a specific form to handle this question/option, so you could try a request for refund form - https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=2 - when that opens click the Order Modification button. That is possibly the closest option and it allows you to leave your query in text format.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security