Author Topic: Already paid for Pro, still have ads and ask for Upgrade again, need help..  (Read 6840 times)

REDACTED

My phone has 2 sim cards Thai and Hong Kong, I already upgrade and paid in Thai baht, now I am in Hong Kong, the ads come out again and ask me to upgrade to Pro again, please help, I do not think it fair for me to pay twice for the 2 sims phone, thank you very much..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Already paid for Pro, still have ads and ask for Upgrade again, need help..
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:44:08 AM »
Did you add both sims to the trusted list?

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:27:48 AM »
First of all make sure you are logged to the Google account you used for the purchase of the Pro (use the link posted by Asyn). Please let me know, if the reinstall doesn't help.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:21 AM »
I do have follow the link provide by Asyn, however, during the step 5. to install Avast again, it' show "Can't install app" with error code:944, I restart the phone and do again, the error code still persist, I download another software and install on the phone, it's fine no problem.. Just can't install only Avast software, I need help now, please!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
OK, wait for Tereza...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 12:48:43 PM »
Hi, 944 is a Google Play Store error people face while updating the app. It helps to clear the Google Play data (your device Settings > Applications > Google Play Store > Clear data and cache), and check your Internet connection.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 04:00:49 AM »
Thank you Asyn and Tereza, after clear data and cache, the download went well and I can use the Pro version without ads now, cheers!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:43 AM »
You're welcome.

Offline Mercaptan

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »
I have the same problem. My subscription to Avast Mobile Security Pro is current until Nov (according to Google Play), but on my Android phone and tablet, Avast has stopped recognising this and no longer supports app locking, plus it keeps pushing adverts at me and keeps inviting me to upgrade to Pro. Restarting the device does not help; disconnecting from, and signing back into, my Avast account does not help. I assume this is an Avast cockup, but this is the second day of the problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
Hi Asyn and Tereza, my phone can become Pro only 1 day and yesterday the software has Ads and ask me to upgrade again.
Now I just uninstall and reinstall it, now is Pro version again, let see how long it can be lasted as a Pro version, will soon updating both of you, thank you!!

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »
@Mercaptan: Have you tried to follow the steps in the article mentioned above?
@bunditit: Thanks, please let us know soon!

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 07:20:05 AM »
Hi Teraza..

Good afternoon, after uninstalled and reinstalled on Saturday, it's became Pro version and only on Sunday it's asked to upgrade again. Now I can confirm that the the reinstalling process can only temporarily solve the issue..

One thing I notice is, because I have 2 sim cards 1 is Thai and 1 is Hong Kong and I paid to subscribe for Avast in Thai baht..

Once reinstalled it show asking (in Thai baht) for upgrade for 1 second and then switch to Pro version.. The day after it's asking for upgrade and permanently showing ads and asking for upgrade, "ALL in HONG KONG dollar" is the software also checking the location and currency, since I am now living in Hong Kong(using Hong Kong Sim card) but subscribed during my stay in Thailand with Thai sim card.. Please help !!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »
Did you add the 2nd Sim as trusted after registering the 1sth as paid version ?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:48 AM »
May be not, please instruct me how to do?