Author Topic: Safari extension activation  (Read 9635 times)

REDACTED

Safari extension activation
« on: September 20, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »
Hello,

I found these instructions from avast for installing the extension to safari browser:

Open the Passwords user interface.
    Click Start now! to create your passwords vault.
    Create your Master Password.
    Install the Passwords extension in your browser(s).
    Enable the extension in your browser(s) by following the on-screen instructions.
    To set additional security options, click the status bar at the bottom of the screen or click Avast Passwords in the Menu bar on the top-left of the screen and select Preferences....

In my case there was not on-screen instructions. I have checked through Preferences that extension is active. Yet when I click the avast key icon there is a popup saying the "Avast passwords" "The extension is not activated". Avast Password software is running in the background.

Safari 10.0.3 OSX 10.12.3

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Safari extension activation
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »
It sounds to me like you have extension activated in the past, anyway you may try reinstall extension in passwords preferences. It will open extension installation page in Safari and it should reactivate your extension (download button should become Installed in couple of seconds if you already have the extension installed)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:14:52 AM »
Hi, yes, this I tried before I poseted here on the forum. Nope, re-installation does not solve the issue. How to troubleshoot?
Also I have FireFox installed which do work with Avast password manager.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:27:42 PM by otto321 »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »
I assume that your Safari is version 10.0.3. We need to verify if it works there and fix it if it doesn't.
Alternatively you may try upgrade to Safari 11 it is proven on multiple not only DEV machines that extension is working fine there ;-)
I will update this post as soon as we know our extension is working with Safari 10.0.3

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:09:02 AM »
Martin, thank you for the excellent support!

To my experience, if the extension is initiated through the Meny -> Safari Extension from  https://safari-extensions.apple.com it won't work. It needs to be initiated through Avast Passwords -> Preferences -> Browser . I hope this will help others.