Author Topic: License/Subscription question for Cleanup  (Read 6184 times)

REDACTED

License/Subscription question for Cleanup
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:00:47 AM »
Hello.

Can someone explain why a license for Cleanup cannot be shared with multiple phones but a license for Mobile Security can?

Yes, I understand they are two different apps and provide two different types of functions, but they both comparatively provide the same amount of services and are not unequal in terms of overall size.

I find it frustrating that I'm able to assign my Mobile Security to two of my devices but lack the same ability for Cleanup....but not seeing what would justify such a differences in pricing approach.

I did call into your Customer Service phone queue to ask, but was advised that they don't have any background information on the pricing approach.  Can an administrator walk me through this please?

Thank You.

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: License/Subscription question for Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »
hi,
thanks for reporting us.
It should be working in same way for Cleanup like for Avast Mobile Security (AMS) .
What happens on your second device - are you logged to same account in Google play as in case of AMS and you still get free version of Cleanup ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »
Hi Štêpán,

Thanks for responding.

Bear in mind I'm trying to do this with the PAID version of Cleanup. But it didn't allow me to share the app across multiple devices the way paid version of AMS does.

When I try to refresh the Cleanup purchase on my second device (using the same Google Store login) it doesn't make the necessary update. It asks me to purchase it all over again.

As mentioned, the premium version of AMS allows sharing under multiple devices as long as it's under the same Google Store account. And I definitely made sure it was under the correct Store account.

When I called into your CS phone line to voice my frustration, the agent I spoke with asserted that the paid Cleanup license couldn't be shared in the manner that premium AMS does.

So being told that, in addition to not being able to share the paid subscription of the Cleanup license, is what prompted me to post here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 02:07:50 PM by J. Mays »

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
Hey, i was discussing with QA guys and this is not very likely to be problem caused by code of Cleanup, they haven't met it yet. According to them it is not that visually clear what account is actually logged in google play. They advised to try this again once there is only one Google present also on second device. If even this that does not help we recommend you to complain to Google.
Thanks.