Author Topic: BoostSpeed 9.2.0.0  (Read 1193 times)

Offline nalo89

BoostSpeed 9.2.0.0
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:41 AM »
Hi all, I have BoostSpeed 9.1.4.0 on three computers and have had no problems with Avast Free latest version checking them until I endeavored to update to the latest BoostSpeed 9.2.0.0. this being attempted from two days ago. Avast stepped in to delete the download on two computers as it said the file contained a form of FileRep malware.
Today on the third computer the download was successful but upon installation Avast then informed it was putting various elements of the BoostSpeed exe into the Virus Chest due to the FileRep malware. Scanning the exe prior to install using Windows 10 Defender manual scan function, SuperAntiSpyware and Avast Free resulted in no indication of malware. Somehow BoostSpeed 9.2.0.0 did install but during usage Avast was cutting in saying it again was putting certain elements into the virus chest. I had to customise File System and Behavior Shields not to scan the BoostSpeed folder in the Program Folder and click on the various elements in the Virus Chest to restore them to enable full use.   

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: BoostSpeed 9.2.0.0
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 01:03:31 AM »
No it does not containe FileRep malware

FileRep = File reputation, a file with low usage / reputation among avast users so avast see it as suspicious

You can upload files to avast lab from avast chest. See how to do it here
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14433.msg1289438#msg1289438