Author Topic: How about adding a little encryption?  (Read 1475 times)

REDACTED

How about adding a little encryption?
« on: September 23, 2017, 05:19:17 PM »
I know that it has become a lot easier and also FREE for anyone that is concerned about privacy and security to
encrypt their websites recently, in fact there are several services to choose from!

Here is a paragraph taken from a site that talks about one of the free encryption organizations: https://letsencrypt.org/

Historically, HTTPS has only been used by sites that required a high level of security, for credit card processing or
transfer of sensitive data. That made getting an HTTPS certificate an expensive and complex process.
Those days are over. Today, HTTPS certificates are available for free through many services like Let’s Encrypt, and
their setup is usually a one-click process in your hosting admin panel."

Perhaps one of the free TSL/SSL certificates can be obtained for THIS....

http://ip-info.ff.avast.com/v1/info
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:42:56 PM by sloshnmosh1 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How about adding a little encryption?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 05:40:59 PM »
Not the sites are encrypted, but only the data transfer between the server where the site is hosted on and your browser ((ftp client, irc client etc) if everything is setup correctly.

REDACTED

Re: How about adding a little encryption?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »
Not the sites are encrypted, but only the data transfer between the server where the site is hosted on and your browser ((ftp client, irc client etc) if everything is setup correctly.

That's exactly my point Eddy!

The data in question: IP address, location, ISP etc. is being transferred without any encryption.

But I admit my wording of it could have been better.

Are you feeling better by the way Eddy?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:55:59 PM by sloshnmosh1 »