Author Topic: Disappointed with avast download  (Read 1010 times)

REDACTED

Disappointed with avast download
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
Hi, though generally I was content with using Avast free antivirus for many years I am disappointed today two downloads of avast free setup offline and vpsupdate went wrong, not the first time but it happens every time after release of new versions.

It's really frustrating I need to download them over and over and over again despite their size quadrupled over last year currently to 277 and 144 mbs respectively

Installation file came corrupted or what, it demands internet connection despite nominally it's for offline installation. Installation ends in mistake, in journal many failed attempts to get online files and send statistics. I tried to uninstall previous 17.3 version and install 17.6 but result the same.

Vpsupdate as usual cannot be opened SFW archive cannot be opened it says. Why avast using this terrible archivator is puzzling.

Perhaps files were corrupted cause I downloaded them with pauses, vpsupdate within 3 hrs, installation offline file I started yesterday night, today in morning finished.

Maybe reason is during that time servers tried to upload newer versions of same files? Why avast cannot keep track what kind of version person trying to download and provide exactly the same file?

Your downloads became so big so it's not possible and feasible to download them quickly in one go.

You absolutely not troubled with losing people so I will think about another antivirus altogether

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Disappointed with avast download
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »
The only problem is your lack of knowledge.
VPS isn't 4 times larger and besides that the size varies.

The offline installer works fine unless you have Vista/XP as they are not fully supported for a while.

The downloads are not big at all if you look at what a decent tool is supposed to be able to detect.