Author Topic: Issues with Avast Beta 17.7 2312  (Read 2855 times)

REDACTED

Issues with Avast Beta 17.7 2312
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »
I have found three issues with  Avast Beta 17.7 2312
  • Is that it wants to reboot the computer.  After installing it, I keep getting the message to reboot the computer.  So I click on ignore for a century
  • I dislike the Task Manger that comes with Windows 10 so I run one that gives me more info and search kill file handles called Process Hacker 2.  It has a process/drive called KPPROCESS 3 (file name is kprocesshacker.sys.) When enabled Avast kills the process with a message about Self Defense.  The only way to run the process is to turn off self defense module.  Both operate just fine together  Should be away of ignoring the process without killing it.
  • Cannot enable Safezone -- see no option for that.  I am licensed for Avast Premier.  Web control panel says it is installed but disabled.  Cannot find away of enabling it.
Thanks,

George Worley
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:19:04 PM by gworley1 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Issues with Avast Beta 17.7 2312
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »
Why is rebooting the computer an issue :-\ you should always reboot after major upgrades so key functions/modules can be changed out and initialised.

Regarding processhacker you were already given an answer by an Avast team member https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=209062.msg1422494

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:25:30 PM »
Why is rebooting the computer an issue :-\ you should always reboot after major upgrades so key functions/modules can be changed out and initialised.

It is stuck in an infinite loop.   When the computer reboots and I launch Avast again, I am asked to reboot the computer.  So I reboot and when Avast I launch Avast after the reboot, I am asked to reboot the computer again ad nauseam. Never stops asking for a reboot.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:29:10 PM »
Oh I see! yes that's an issue and hopefully the team is already looking into it.