Author Topic: trojan house  (Read 3323 times)

drhayden1

trojan house
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:36:16 PM »
i went to a website i've heard about to watch music video's and when i selected one to watch......my avast!came on warning me about a trojan horse was found and adviced me to abort connection....i did that and gone by and tryed (being curious)and selected another video and it did the same thing warning me about a trojan house was found and to do the same thing......i ran a scan with my avast!pro and my ewido and nothing was found.......is there any thing else i can do to be sure and where can i report that certain website if i can?????? :D 8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: trojan house
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:07:34 PM »
There shouldn't be anything on your system (so nothing will be found), the web shield intercepts and scans the content before it gets into your system, the act of aborting the connection drops the downloaded file.

You could email the webmaster@ that domain name.com, but if it is a rogue site all that would do is expose your email address and you may well get Greeks bearing gifts (Trojan horse email attachments) ;D.

What you are doing is likely to be high risk, because there is an element of illegality (copyrighted material) in watching music videos without paying a royalty fee or paying to download. So if you got infected whilst downloading music videos you can't complain to anyone as you may be involved (unintentionally or otherwise) in an illegal act, unless those music videos were produced by the person doing the distribution.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gallogav2

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 03:03:51 PM »
Hi I'm getting the same trojan zlob.bn detected by avast every thirty minutes or so as well as a hoaxalarm trojan.  I have tried moving to chest and also deleting them but they keep returning.  I've done a full scan but avast doesn't pick it up.  To complicate things my PC won't run in safe mode at all no matter which option you choose. HELP HELP!!!!! Running XP.  McAfee Firewall, Avast 4.7 Home Edition.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »
I suggest a forum search for hoaxalarm or zlob-bn as this requires different action, SmitFraud tool.

This is just one of the hits http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=21359.0
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

chrisfry112

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
hi there i had the same some time a go. used this progam to remove the trojan its free and good the link is http://www.emsisoft.com/en/  or try this http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/ try an online scan like http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

and also turn off  System Restore on xp if you do not you   will be running around all the time 
on reporting the web site you will have to find out how hosts the web site
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:34:16 PM by chrisfry112 »

justin1278

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 07:49:38 PM »
If non of this works you could try the following command in Windows (if you have XP).

Go to Start, then Run. Type in the following command: sfc /scannow

Note: You MUST have your OS CD with you to do this.

This will scan your computer's system files (i.e. C:\\ Windows\System32) and replace them if they are not in their original state. This can help if you have a virus in an important system file.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:52:19 PM by justin1278 »