Author Topic: Scheduled full scan not starting - not worth my money, yet  (Read 924 times)

REDACTED

Scheduled full scan not starting - not worth my money, yet
« on: September 23, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
Hi,

I downloaded avast a while back and it asked if I wanted to try the internet security which I did and now I have 43 days remaining of the 60 days trial.
I am considering to register it when those 60 days are over, BUT I have one major issue with the program which makes me consider not to register it.

The problem is that I can not seems to get the scheduled antivirus full scan to run.
I have tried with 2 different days and hours, but it does not start.

I use windows 10 and avast version 17.6.2310.

I can see through a google search that there has been such problems before with avast, but it was several months ago according to google which should have been solved by now in my opinion.

If avast wants my money, this better be fixed in 43 days!

Regards,
Thomas

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

REDACTED

Re: Scheduled full scan not starting - not worth my money, yet
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
Hi,

I didn´t know about that. Unfortunately it will still not a scheduled full scan after this repair option.

- Thomas

Offline gisot1

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:53:14 PM »
I'm using the free version of Avast 17.6.2310 on Windows 8.1 64 bit and I just tried scheduling full scan (all hard drives) , then scheduled another for memory scanning and both worked ok. Don't try changing the options on already scheduled scan, it won't work. Always create new custom scan with new options.
Also, it could be OS related issue, maybe other win10 users can try scheduling custom scan and relay their results here to help you out.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 02:51:54 PM »
Solved (but I am not sure how)!

It was the "do not run if on battery" or what it´s called in the english version.
I unchecked this, even if it shouldn´t have been necessary as I had the power cable connected before and during scan, and it worked. I hope it keeps working now and was not a one time only thing.

Thanks everyone.