Author Topic: Sensative Data Shield  (Read 1344 times)

REDACTED

Sensative Data Shield
« on: September 26, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »
I have a sensitive document on my HD that Avast Sensitive Data Shield will not protect. Is there a way I can manually add the document to the Data Shield, or can I change the name of the document or contents to trigger Sensitive Data Shield to recognize the file as being sensitive and include the document in my shield?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Sensative Data Shield
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »
Read the FAQ and add the location to the Data shield.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:54:02 PM »
The FAQ doesn't answer my question. Other files in the same folder are protected according to Avast. However, the one file in that folder that needs protection is not listed as being protected. So, it's not an issue with adding a location. The issue is all files I want to be protected are being protected except one and these files are all in the same location. How can that be and what can I do to protect a file that Avast doesn't detect? It seems reasonable there would be a option to manually protect a file by right clicking on it or something. Thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:17 PM »
What file type is it?
Is it different from all the protected ones?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:56:57 PM »
It's a Word doc. I've changed the name of the file with words like Tax and Social Security, but Avast doesn't protect it.

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
Hi,

the manual adding of file isn't supported right now, we might consider adding it later.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:56:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me what parameters the script looks for to identify files that need to be secured vs not secured. If I knew that I could possibly change the name, or add fake content to the document that looks important which would then force Avast to secure it.