Author Topic: Resizable fields, progress bar color and...back to carbon skin please  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Spiros78

My minor request to the Avast team, is to make the fields eg. exclusion list, to be resizable. Also the light purple progress bar color with the outline grey, is bad combination, as it is almost invisible, so orange or green or even white would be much better.

I would also like to see the old carbon skin back in action, generally the ability to change skins would be a nice addition to such a good product.  ::)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Resizable fields, progress bar color and...back to carbon skin please
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 03:51:48 PM »
Skins, no longer exist, so you are seeing an unchangeable User Interface in regards to a very long time ago (Avast 4.x era) that skins were used. Whilst there were lots of nice skin options then, one of the reasons skins disappeared was the unavailability of the 3rd party software used to run the chosen skin.

Each UI from that point forward was a custom UI, I can't see Avast going backwards (something which they rarely do) and changing the current UI, which I personally dislike, too big in your face, a bit gaudy. 

I'm still using avast 12 on one of my systems, my win7 netbook with tiny 1024X600 screen, the UI would just swamp it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security