Author Topic: Avast and wi fi  (Read 2387 times)

REDACTED

Avast and wi fi
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:00:08 AM »
Why is it that for the past few years my avast has worked perfectly. However the last 2 weeks it keeps telling me my wi fi is dangerous,  WiFi is not completely safe unless you have avast VPN. Stop trying to scare people it's been ok for past years. Why now are you pushing VPN as further cost, which in my eyes is expensive. My wi fi is safe, it's got password, key etc then protection on my phone. If I wasn't as technical and I was someone who didn't know IT I might be scared of the red warning that's been green since I started using avast some years back. You should still get the scan to show green as previous however you could put an additional message about VPN, let people choose whether to purchase. Not mark wi fi Red. It's misleading and I would think trade and standards would say it's misleading. Don't try and share people into buying your products.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Avast and wi fi
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
Hi, sorry for any inconvenience, it is a known bug and we are working on removing it. Thanks for your patience.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »
That was over a month ago. It should not be difficult to stop Avast declaring that your secure home wifi is dangerous because you are not using Avast VPN. I have my own VPN and it still flags that my WiFi is dangerous.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
Hi, the issue has been fixed for version 6.13.3.