Author Topic: Avast Mac Security causing Mail program to display incorrect email in Preview  (Read 4516 times)

REDACTED

I've pretty much said it all in the Subject line. When I go to preview an email in Apple's Mail application, the preview that shows in the preview window is NOT the one clicked on in the Message List. When I disable the Mail Shield in Avast, all returns to normal! There is clearly a bug in Avast Mac Security! Please Fix!!!

P.S. The "Verification" letters (below) are ludicrously unreadable and not being able to contact Support directly instead of having to go through a forum truly sucks! I'VE PUT THE LETTERS IN SIX TIMES AND STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO POST THIS QUESTION!!!! "Listen to the letters" DOESN'T WORK. This is really truly crappy customer support!!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
P.S. The "Verification" letters (below) are ludicrously unreadable and not being able to contact Support directly instead of having to go through a forum truly sucks! I'VE PUT THE LETTERS IN SIX TIMES AND STILL HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO POST THIS QUESTION!!!! "Listen to the letters" DOESN'T WORK. This is really truly crappy customer support!!!
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline jakub.bednar

• Avast team
Hello Asin,

can I ask you for a bit more information so we can look more specifically into your problem?

1. What is the version of your os? Click the Apple logo in top left corner --> About this Mac
2. What is the version of your Apple Mail? Open Mail and go in Menu --> Mail --> About Mail
3. What e-mail protocols do you use? Mail --> Menu --> Preferences --> Accounts. It is written beneath your account name in the left panel (exchange, IMAP, POP3) you can also click Advanced and check whether SSL is enabled for your account.

In case you do not want to share that information on this forum, please send it to jakub.bednar@avast.com

Best regards and happy New Year,

Jakub

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi Jakub, guess you meant to address Jeff. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0