Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium  (Read 2071 times)

Offline tony.belli860

Avast Cleanup Premium
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:42:47 PM »
My Avast Cleanup runs for hours but the progress bar at the bottom shows no progress. Looks like many others have the same problem but answers are few. Has anybody had this issue and found a solution to it?   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Cleanup Premium
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:58:17 PM »
Solution is to install the latest version and reboot as someone from avast has explained.

Offline tony.belli860

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 06:06:26 PM »
Thanks Eddy, If it worked that would be great but your idea doesn't help. I've done all this yesterday. Avast replied to my ticket in less than 24 hours and provided me with a repair option I haven't tired yet. So I'll give t a shot and hope it works. But thank you for taking the time to reply.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:13:29 PM »
It wasn't my idea, but as I said someone from avast said it.

Offline tony.belli860

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »
Eddy,

Thank you again. I'm already running the most current version of Avast. The repair option Avast sent me did repair my Avast Cleanup Premium program and it works fine now. The instructions they sent I've cut and paste here in case someone else wants to give it a try.

From Avast on September 22, 2017:

I suggest you to repair and update your Avast program by following these steps:

1.Click on Start --> Control Panel --> Uninstall a Program (Programs and Features, Add or Remove Programs) --> Avast Software--> Click on "Uninstall/Change" --> Repair.

2.After the repair, please make sure that you have the most recent version of Avast. To do that, please open Avast and go to --> Settings --> Update --> Program --> Update and update your Virus definitions as well.

3.Restart your computer and check with Avast Cleanup.

Tony