Author Topic: Avast 17.7.2314 with no changelogs  (Read 8136 times)

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast 17.7.2314 with no changelogs
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 06:19:29 PM »
avast has really lost track of the reality.
A driver updater ?
Paid ?
There are already good free ones, not that anyone need them but still.
avast stop wasting time, money, resources on crap that noone is waiting for and start making the huge list with (already) know bugs in the av and other excisting tools a lot smaller !!!
Have to totally agree with Eddy. :) Fixing existing bugs should be the priority.
The only new items released at the current time should involve security.
Avast is know as a Security Company. Please don't burden the Malware Protection end of the product
with tuneup and other products.
You can sell those products as stand alone products to anyone willing to pay for them.
+1.Very disappointed with Avast this time. :'(
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
Driver Updater??

I think updating drivers is just asking for trouble, I'm of the old school of if it isn't broken, don't fix it and once a driver update is screwed up it is serious.

Here I'm hoping this is a paid option as I believe RejZoR mentioned in another topic he/you can't remove it.
EDIT:
It's annoying that you can't remove Driver Updater from the UI if you don't need or want "Performance" tools...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:36:35 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vapor

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
I think updating drivers is just asking for trouble, I'm of the old school of if it isn't broken, don't fix it and once a driver update is screwed up it is serious.

Here I'm hoping this is a paid option as I believe RejZoR mentioned in another topic he/you can't remove it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Someone has to talk senses to whomever is in charge at avast for  this absolute nonsense, What do you guys think, you doing too well and can afford to lose  customers because of your guinea pig  experiments, it's just not wise I wouldn't get to greedy  :(