Author Topic: Version: 17.7.2314  (Read 62495 times)

REDACTED

Re: NEW Version: 17.7.2314
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Avast Internet Security version 17.7.2314 (build 17.7.3660.0) running on Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit Operating System updated last in September crashes the computer (custom built machine, i5-6600 CPU, H170 Motherboard) when running Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.40 r110317. If virtualization is turned off in Troubleshooting it works OK. BSOD screen shows STOP 0x00000667. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:18 PM »

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »
Minor problem with the Avast Software Updater see attachment and I did a Avast repair nothing has been fixed
Reboot ???
I did reboot 4 times nothing and I did a clean installed and nothing same issue  :(

This issue is still not resolved Avast I may need your help please?

Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

REDACTED

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2017, 12:58:33 AM »
TO bob3160...

No, it is not bussines, but home use...
The students are my own children at university... so they have their home-computer there to study at the university-student-home.
They are NOT computer/software-nerds but NEED their equipment to work with.
They use their software as a normal user, and me as father being administrator... doing only maintenance from time to time.
We only expect this completely normal and perfect working PC to keep working.
We do not want ANY software to update automaticly... All other automatic software-updates are blocked too.
Only manual updates by administrator(me) are allowed... when we have the time to check them out for normal working afterwards.

It costs us a lot of troubles and money if something stops working...
The troubles are  ALWAYS CAUSED BY UNWANTED AVAST-UPDATES, FAULTS in it and SETTING-CHANGEMENTS.
That's why we are so angry at AVAST...
They should "never change anything" which is preset by admin, and certainly not "without any warning before".
A normal user (kids in this case) can have serious problems by those "unwanted actions" that Avast is doing now.

The fact that I am not at the university keeps us verry worried, that at a certain moment, they are blocked to work normaly if some program has again a false-positive-warning by Avast... or other unwanted side-effects.
Last month I had to by a new harddisk and do a complete reinstall... caused by a bad Avast-update AGAIN!!!
Avast did an unexpected update, causing Windows-update to crash and blocking the backup-software!!!

As I saw your location, you probably know that studying at UNM ;-) is not for free...
Knowing the cost of a university-student it is unacceptable that software as AVAST, which should protect our PC's, is causing so much trouble... and giving the risk of non-succeeding task-delivery if their computer fails.
Eventualy this could lead to drop out of their study-program!!!

Not everyone has all the time of the world, to solve every AVAST-problem at ease and at home.

It is realy time that some software-magazines read this forum, and give their conclusions.
A few years ago, AVAST was a good product... but this is history...

I only wish there was an OLD AVAST-version, that keeps working OK... NEVER doing program-updates by itself... but only defs.
Since I do not trust Avast any more I had to by an extra spare-laptop with identical setup... but using Defender instead.
Thats the only way to keep working if Avast crashes everything.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2017, 01:08:45 AM »
Strange, I've been using Avast since 2003.
I still use the free version today. In 2003, it was Windows XP
Now it's windows 10. Avast worked back then and it's still working now.
I may not like all the added baggage but the AV portion has gotten better over the years.
I find it strange that College students need help installing and maintaining the updates of their software.
But, to each their own.
Hopefully you've contacted Avast so they can help you with your problem.

http://support.avast.com/support/home
or
http://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new
Request a refund: https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=11
Contact Sales: https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=1

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
after the last update (version 17.7.2314 build 17.7.366.0) most insolently ignores exceptions...

More than that... This update rejected all of the adjusted settings of fine-tuning...AGAIN!!!

This symptom happens over and over again for the last few years.
Avast Team think they are the smartest, and are ignoring personal settings.
There is realy a reason for some software to keep it running, and setting it to exeptions.
Also other important changements in the settings are ignored and reset after updates.

The least Avast can do is OR keeping the settings as they are set by the user... OR ASK to choose "keeping" or "reset" settings.

As I stated last year... Avast acts as malware itself.
It makes changements to settings and marks perfect software as malware even if it has been tested before.
Avast ignores exceptions giving extra problems and time-loss to normal users to adjust the settings again and again.
Avast even ignores it if "automatic program-updates" are NOT WANTED... they just do it anyway.
In may opinion... ignoring and resetting user-settings is always a malware-practice.
If this "can" happen, then the user should always be warned "before".
Not all users are stupid and have a very good reason to certain setting-changes.
Avast-Team... respect that!

Hi,

the user settings should be preserved in all cases, we did some changes in latest build to cover all cases. Could you please PM me your update.log and setup log located in ProgramData ?

Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
This new update is now causing the BSOD for me. My crash dumps are pointing problems with the aswbidsdrivera.sys file located in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers". Is anyone else having the same problems?

I've removed this file for now and no more BSOD as of yet.. What does this file do.. Does it have any adverse affects by not being there, apart from causing errors in my event log such as "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: aswbidsdriver"

Any help/advice is appreciated. Cheers

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
This new update is now causing the BSOD for me. My crash dumps are pointing problems with the aswbidsdrivera.sys file located in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers". Is anyone else having the same problems?

I've removed this file for now and no more BSOD as of yet.. What does this file do.. Does it have any adverse affects by not being there, apart from causing errors in my event log such as "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: aswbidsdriver"

Create your own thread.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2017, 01:10:04 AM »
Smart scan now search for sensitive data. What is it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2017, 04:59:05 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline janetofficeworker

Re: NEW Version: 17.7.2314, Scheduling Quick Scans
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2017, 07:22:33 AM »
Forum Team:

Thanks very much.  In an earlier Avast Free Antivirus version, Daily Quick Scans weren't able to be scheduled for auto-runs except on a same-day basis, day by day.  Your updated version after that removed our ability to even set same-day, day by day, Quick Scans.  This additional flaw was finally corrected with your latest (10/4) edition, as promised previously in this forum. So now we can again set Daily Quick Scans, although still only on the same day we want them to run. Good job for the catch-up correction; however, next Qs: Will Daily Quick Scans always run automatically only on the same day they're scheduled? In other words, will we always have to schedule Quick Scans per day, on a same-day basis?  Seriously, this per day, same-day requirement is a major malfunction, and I can't believe that it's part of a mainstream security program, and that after many months it still has not been (cannot be?) fixed.  Your UI, however, indicates a much different, and more reasonable intent, having provided us with a Quick Scan day calendar and checkbox system, which would evidently allow a whole week's worth of advance Quick Scan scheduling!  Unfortunately, it has never worked -- at least not for me, not yet.  Nonetheless, I'm thankful that Avast has kept my system safe (so far, anyway), and I'm especially grateful for Avast's free version. !  yay.

Thanks for whatever advice, insight,or news you can provide regarding this significant scheduling problem.

I appreciate your work.

--jjb

Windows 10, 64-bit
HP Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop
Chrome browser
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:58:31 AM by janetofficeworker »

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »

Create your own thread.

It's only started to occur due to this new version... So thought it would be relevant to this topic

REDACTED

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2017, 05:47:58 PM »
How do I get rid of Avast free software?  I downloaded the software and went to safe mode.  The screen in so large that the uninstall button can not be pressed at the bottom.  The button is hidden under the task bar and even with the task bar hidden, I can not get access to uninstall this program.  Avast support indicated they can help remove the software at a fee.  The product infiltrated my computer when I upgraded Chrome.

REDACTED

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2017, 11:10:39 PM »
Smart scan now search for sensitive data. What is it?
-> https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB39
I use Avast Free so why Smart scan search for sensitive data if this feature is only in IS/Premier? If it found sensitive document it will show ad for upgrade? Or what is purpose?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:16:01 PM by TheOwner »