Author Topic: fake message or real deal?  (Read 2770 times)

viBlast

fake message or real deal?
« on: May 01, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »
hello, everibody i'm back again..........first of all greetings for everibody in this forum , well this is the problem i have windows XP installed in my pc, the point is that when i start my windows the security center says a message like this: "your antivirus program is desactivated" ??? .

then i ask my self why because i didn't desactivate it!!

Greetings
jhonattan
rock_y_regae@hotmail.com
for sugestions or answers.......

ardvark

Re: fake message or real deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 08:14:06 AM »
Hi viBlast...

Just out of curiosity, if you bring up the security center window, what does it report concerning Avast?

Also, does the Avast toolbar icon show up as disabled every time you boot?

Best Regards...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
Also check the Task Manager for avast processes running, ashDisp.exe, ashServ.exe, aswUpdSv.exe, these are the main ones (and should be running) but you may have others depending what providers you have running, they begin with ash or asw.

You can also open the providers list (left click the avast icon) and check Standard Shield is running.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

viBlast

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:43:10 PM »
hello! and wellcome to the forum, well david when i bring up the security center's window the window shows me that the Antivirus protection is desactivated  :o mmmhh ??? but the most extrange part is that the avast! icon is normal and the resident protection is normal too oooh and also i have some problems actualizing the data base and the program....... :( it is very extrange

thanks for your help
Jhonattan :-\ :PJhonattan :-\ :P

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:47:09 PM »
There have been viruses that try to disable the windows security center (WSC) so as not to warn you if they disable your firewall or AV, but to have the reverse report the AV and firewall aren't enabled is strange and is more likely to be and issue with WSC.

Check and see if there is anything here that might help Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center

If nothing, you could tell WSC not to monitor avast and the firewall, not ideal but if you know they are working then you won't be bugged. You could try a google search and see if anything else turns up, it may be possible that system file checker might find a corrupt file effecting WSC. Or a repair install of XP, that would simply install over the top and hopefully correct any issues. You may need to fully update your system at windows update after this.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security