Author Topic: Avast Mobile Security 6.6.0 Battery Usage  (Read 3513 times)

REDACTED

Avast Mobile Security 6.6.0 Battery Usage
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »
Since updating "Avast Antivirus & Security" to version 6.6.0 yesterday (Oct 3, 2017) battery usage of the Avast app has increased significantly to the point the phone is unconfortable to put in my pocket and I would rather uninstall the app.

My phone is a Moto X Play (XT1563) running Android 6.0.1.

As shown in the screenshots attached, the phone was unplugged 2h08m ago and Avast has been running in the background the entire time and has already used 13% of the battery (468mAh) and will drain the battery in approx 4 hrs. According to battery widget the phone battery normally lasts 20h34m until this app was updated.

Offline Jesse, Mobile Product Manager

• Avast team
Re: Avast Mobile Security 6.6.0 Battery Usage
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:13:12 PM »
Hi, this seems very unusual, but we'd like to investigate it.

Could you please send us a Battery Historian report?

https://sites.google.com/site/barksideapps/tips-and-tricks/take-bug-report-on-android

Please send to android@avast.com with subject: "Battery Historian report for Jesse".

Thanks!

Offline karol.kurczuk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:21 PM »
268/5000
The theme is the use of battery by Avast mobile version, but I will refer to the use of RAM in my LG K10, it is catastrophically great, it ranges around 120 140 megabytes, changed to Nod Android version and the phone sucked with relief :)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:44:44 PM »
Hi, this seems very unusual, but we'd like to investigate it.

Could you please send us a Battery Historian report?

https://sites.google.com/site/barksideapps/tips-and-tricks/take-bug-report-on-android

Please send to android@avast.com with subject: "Battery Historian report for Jesse".

Thanks!

Uninstalled and reinstalled the app earlier today before your reply and the issue is no longer occurring. I can still send the bug report if you think it can help.

Offline Jiří Čadek

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Hi, khrillian,

I'm glad that you managed to fix the issue. Unfortunately the bug report provides useful data only when the app is present and running on the device.
If the issue appears again, please send us the report so we can investigate the root cause.

Thank you.