Author Topic: Restoring Backup, manual authorization  (Read 2977 times)

REDACTED

Restoring Backup, manual authorization
« on: October 04, 2017, 08:24:07 PM »
Dear Support,

Regarding the first email from avast passwords:

----
Dear user,

Should you ever lose one of your devices, you'll need to find this email in order to access your account, and keep using Avast Passwords.

If anything should go wrong, or you ever have a problem connecting to your passwords, please click the button below, and we'll help you get things back to normal.

Restore
-----

Restoring backup and manual autorization of a device require original password. What if that password is lost and I WANT THE BACKUP GONE AND EVERYTHING RESET, so I can start from beginning? How to accomplish that?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Restoring Backup, manual authorization
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:49:35 AM »
Read that mail, the FAQ and the many posts that are explaining it.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Restoring Backup, manual authorization
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 11:27:45 AM »
Dear Support,

Regarding the first email from avast passwords:

----
Dear user,

Should you ever lose one of your devices, you'll need to find this email in order to access your account, and keep using Avast Passwords.

If anything should go wrong, or you ever have a problem connecting to your passwords, please click the button below, and we'll help you get things back to normal.

Restore
-----

Restoring backup and manual autorization of a device require original password. What if that password is lost and I WANT THE BACKUP GONE AND EVERYTHING RESET, so I can start from beginning? How to accomplish that?

Send me an email from the address you used for registration (my email address is in my profile) so I know you have control over the email you are requesting reset for and I will perform the reset.
Standard way should be contact our support and ask them for reset as my capacity to handle such things is quite limited ;-)