Author Topic: Version `17.7.2314 will not autoupdate  (Read 1380 times)

REDACTED

Version `17.7.2314 will not autoupdate
« on: October 05, 2017, 04:18:58 PM »
OS Windows 7 64 bit. Avast Free Version

This version and last had this problem. In the update tab it has 'Connection: connection not established'. Also trying to get any online content in program states no connection. I had to revert to a 2016 version to be able to register, then install updates.

Computer is always connected to internet. Windows firewall has program allowed.

Program and virus definitions can be updated manually.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Any solutions?

This is the only computer in the house that has this problem.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Version `17.7.2314 will not autoupdate
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:30 PM »
Online or offline installer?
Update via the GUI?
Did you try a reboot in an attempt to fix the issue?

FYI, I always download the offline installer in case of possible issues.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »
Initial install was done offline after a problem of not being able to register. I had to use an older version from last year in order to register. Newer version (the one in April 2017) wouldn't register. Every newer version is able to install online. It is the virus definitions that will not update automatically that has me bothered. With computer connected to internet continuously (it's never shut off) there should be no reason for the connection not established error.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »
You will find a lot of issues can be solved with a simple reboot. whether it's avast or some other software.
Also, the latest version of avast will be registered automatically with no user input.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.