Author Topic: SAFE ZONE NEED ADMINISTRATORPRIVILEGES TO RUN IT SINCE YESTERDAY I RAN CLEANER.  (Read 2710 times)

Offline karen162

Hi. No problems ever with safe zone that I couldn't work out. Yesterday I ran cleaner for the first time and today when I try to run safe zone it keeps telling me I don't have enough privileges and to contact my administrator. I don't have an administrator-I'm the only one who uses the computer. I'm in aS OWNER AND IN THE PERMISSIONS BOX OWNER IS LISTED AS OWNER, ADMINISTRATOR. I've tried everything in instructions with permissions and nothing changes. Should I delete safe zone and then re-install avast premier to get safe zone back. I don't want to loose my virus chest as it has quite a lot I need to double check before deletion.  HELP.
Karen

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Learn how to use Windows.
Administrator and user with admin rights are two different things.

Forget about the SafeZone browser.
It is history since 1 September as stated in the FAQ and many posts on this webboard.

Perform a clean installation of the latest av version.

Offline karen162

Thanks. You're right-I know little about windows esp. user privileges, but there's a lot wrong.Been fixing some over last couple of weeks and found and deleted some malaware with a couple of other checkers. Avast has trouble deleting some. Can't run boot scan's-tried 4 times. Other scans don't find anything but says files are being used-some of them ended up being malaware. Safe zone really stuffed now-hope the new one is good. I'm hanging out to see it. All my documents were changed to dll file. I deleted all the 2  office programs I own. I can now use 1 and the files are back to document files. I will next install microsoft office.  You should be a little kinder to older, more ignorant clients. I've been using it for years and years. That should earn me a little politeness. One day you too will be older and your brain won't work as fast. Believe me it's no fun when you can't keep up with new developments. I've seen it in many generations now. I know the new safe zone program is out soon but I hate not having even the old one working now. It's one of avasts best features. By the way- a lot of other programs won't work for me now. There are 2 new users listed with inherited permissions which stuffs me up. Anyway-I've reinstalled avast twice over the original but I'm going to remove it completely for a full install. Any extra help would be appreciated. Karen.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Been fixing some over last couple of weeks and found and deleted some malaware with a couple of other checkers. Avast has trouble deleting some. Can't run boot scan's-tried 4 times. Other scans don't find anything but says files are being used-some of them ended up being malaware.
Start a new topic in V&W and post your logs there: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=post;board=4
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0