Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Master password

(1/5) > >>

Eso_Rimmer:
Hello everyone,
I'm using synchronized Avast Passwords on two devices. Everything had worked fine, but a couple of days ago I suddenly found out that I'm not able to sign in (neither in Avast app nor in Firefox browser) on one of my devices, i.e. Avast Passwords don't accept my Master Password. Which is really strange, because I definitely didn't change my Master Password and furthermore on the other device everything works OK.
I'd tried to reinstall Avast Passwords component but to no avail. I'm afraid that if I change my Master Password on the device where it works, I will lost all my passwords.
Any help appreciated.

Eddy:
To prevent (accidental) loss of the passwords, first thing I would do is export them to a file.
After that I would remove the plugin from FireFox, reboot, cleanup the system and install it again.
Lets see if it will work, if not you will always have the passwords in that file and in the cloud.

Martin Kvetko:
On which device type you've lost access to passwords (Windows, Android, Mac, iOS)? I need to know it as the procedure will be specific according to device type.

Note that if you have had synchonization you can't loose the data (if you remember master password you have had on first device you have enabled it on or you have other device with synchonization turned on and fully set)

Changing master on device will not affect any other device anyhow. This information is only local and it secures your locally stored data so you may have long password on desktop and shorter, but still secure enough on mobile device.

Eso_Rimmer:
Thank you for a suggestion and for explaining backup and synchronization stuff.

Anyway I've tried to remove the plugin from Firefox, reboot, cleanup the system and install it again as was suggested, but that unfortunately didn't work (not to mention Avast passwords plugin didn't show up in the browser for a while after fresh reinstall).

Both devices run Windows 10, the problematic one is Asus laptop.

Martin Kvetko:
I'm now quite confused could you clearly state what is your problem?
Is it login to passwords? Or not working passwords extension in Firefox?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version