Author Topic: problem with saving passwords  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Maccan

problem with saving passwords
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:28:32 AM »
when you enter a password, ether registering, logging in or changing password, avast plugin on chrome opens a popup for saving the password. however when the page changes the popup goes away and then when the new page has fully loaded it reopens, but sometimes it doesn't and the password is lost forever. i changed my password on league of legends to a generated and when i hit the button to change to new password and the page changed, the popup did not appear again i could not save the password and it was lost forever and i had to go to the support to get my account back.

on some sites it never apear again and on other youc an go backwards and forwards and watch the popup go away and come back, every single time.

can this be fix so the popup is not for the active page and rather be at chrome level, meaning the current page has nothing to do with the popup, as in even if the page changed the popup remains rather then goes away and as the next page is loaded it reopens? as in a separate window, or just have the latest one appear when you click the plugin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:32:07 AM by Maccan »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: problem with saving passwords
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »
Please post in the correct forum. (OS version)
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=89.0

Offline Maccan

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
Please post in the correct forum. (OS version)
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=89.0
its not correct? my problem is with the "Avast Passwords", and that is where i posted it, is it not? why you judge, maybe my problem spans more the one OS since you know its a BROWSER PLUGIN, and maybe i have a linux, and i dont see that sub anywhere? so ether you help me, just stay away, or get punched in the face for being a pretentious bastard.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:30:45 PM by Maccan »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »
Got out  of the wrong side of the bed ?
Not much change for you getting help with that attitude.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »
I'm sorry but this behaviour is really due to technical limitations of the extension and we can't solve yet.
Anyway if you used our generator on the page we should offer you last generated password on the domain on next login attempt, just for cases you described. This functionality we have for quite long time, could you make sure that your extension is up to date?
Could you also post few sites having the problem with not appearing capture dialog so we can analyze it and try to fix our extension?

Offline Maccan

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »
I'm sorry but this behaviour is really due to technical limitations of the extension and we can't solve yet.
Anyway if you used our generator on the page we should offer you last generated password on the domain on next login attempt, just for cases you described. This functionality we have for quite long time, could you make sure that your extension is up to date?
Could you also post few sites having the problem with not appearing capture dialog so we can analyze it and try to fix our extension?
the only one i know of is when you change password for league of legends.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:03:22 PM »
Thanks for the report.
I have checked the case. I know where is the problem, but it will not be easy to fix this issue for us. I will pass it to DEV to see if they can come up with some quick solution.

If you have had generated password on this page and we missed saving it then the mechanizm described above will not work! Also note that as account management is on different domain than login form is we will save 2 credentials (or prompt you to do so). Those accounts are not anyhow connected so change of password in one will not update another automatically and vice versa.