Author Topic: about on -access scanner message  (Read 4112 times)

pepeaida

about on -access scanner message
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »
??? How can I hide the scanning  info. that pop ups when I log anywhere,
It shows all areas, its tittle is on-access scanner message...its driving me crazy, even when gaming it shows up on screen..Pls
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 12:37:19 AM by pepeaida »

mike6688

Re: about on -access scanner message
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:05:56 AM »
Hi,

1. Right click the Avast icon in the system tray and choose On-Access Protection;
2. Click the details...>> button (only if you have not done so before) to show all the details for the On-Access Protection providers;
3. For the provider(s) that the messages are coming from select Customize;
4. Select the advanced tab;
5. Uncheck the box that says 'Show detailed info on performed action';
6. OK your way out.

Note:  Only some residents have this option you won't find this option in everyone.  You may also want to find just the one resident that keeps displaying all the alerts (probably Standard Shield and / or Webshield) and allow the others to show the information, but this depends on your preferences.

Hope this helps.     :)

Mike
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 01:08:12 AM by mike6688 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:28:58 AM »
??? How can I hide the scanning  info. that pop ups when I log anywhere,
It shows all areas, its tittle is on-access scanner message...its driving me crazy, even when gaming it shows up on screen..Pls
This option is off by default so you may have been tweaking your settings without knowing what they do. The avast help file should provide a description of the various settings.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

pepeaida

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:05:30 AM »
 ;) ;D
Real excellent service and help.....I am amazed of your prompt and courteous replies. Now I can say that my safety is in hands of pros., keep up the good work...very easy to understand explanations in laic terms for one like me with two left hands about pcs matters...LOL...
For sure I will not hesitate to recommend Avast for any of your fine products,with the quick response I obtained..any can feel assured that AVAST can be taked for granted to be service oriented and with  a Staff of nice and kind pros.
Muchas Gracias  (tks)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
The people who are helping here are for the most part avast users like yourself putting something back in for such a good product ;D to help others get the best out of avast!

However, there are very frequent postings by the Alwil Team, whom are even more helpful and professional ;D and best of all react promptly to user input.

You have found just one of the many things that makes avast great ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 06:15:16 PM »

Welcome to the forums, pepeaida.    :)

We are all happy to be of help when we can.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)

Susantheromantic

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:35:48 PM »
I'm all new at this stuff.  I don't remember who posted the info about stopping the On-Access scanner message but I thank you.  It stopped and that is a great feeling!

THANKS!

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 04:47:36 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Susan.    :)

The help was posted by Mike6688 & DavidR. You can see this by scrolling down from the box where you make your post.

Please come back often, learn more, and maybe help others.    :)