Author Topic: Yahoo mail kicks out 475 error code msgs when sending mail with VPN on  (Read 2283 times)

Offline idpsllc

Took 24 hours to figure it out, but my yahoo mail does not send out msgs when VPN is on.   It returns an error code 475 suspicious activity.  I have windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop.  Both have same issue.  Anyone have any ideas?  If not, that is a deal breaker for me.     

For the heck of it, I turned VPN back on and tested it throughout the day and I am no longer having problems.  The error msg is a yahoo one and the person that mentioned a new IP, I may have forced that but not sure.
Jeff
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:52:31 PM by idpsllc »

Offline marthig

Re: Yahoo mail kicks out 475 error code msgs when sending mail with VPN on
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
Hi fellow "newbie"
I was going to ask about this message I got in my gmail; was sent by Avast the AV I am currently using and was wondering if this was one of those spam/phishing sh*t thing.
Sorry I don't have an answer or solution, but maybe Yahoo have their own VPN and like PopcornTime doesn't like competition ?
Anyway good luck with the problem, in my experience you will find good people and very much willing to help. :)

Offline MrMaxaMan

Re: Yahoo mail kicks out 475 error code msgs when sending mail with VPN on
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:43:41 PM »
It might be possible that the VPN IP address is being blocked as it could have been used for illegal purposes in the past by other users. Reconnecting to get a new IP address might help.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.