Author Topic: Deleting files  (Read 1647 times)

wdc202

Deleting files
« on: May 05, 2006, 01:52:19 AM »
I would like to DELETE completely the bad files from my Avast quarantine chest. HOW do I do that? Thanks.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Deleting files
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:59:11 AM »
First don't delete files in the System Files section of the virus chest as these are back-up copies of system files in case they were to become infected.

There is no rush to delete anything from the chest, they can't do any harm there. Anything that you send to the chest you should leave there for a week or two. If after that time you have suffered no adverse effects from moving these to the chest, scan them again (inside the chest) and if they are still detected as viruses, delete them.

Inside the chest is a little like the windows explorer in that you can highlight (select) multiple files at anyone time and using the right mouse button (or the Menu File) select an option, Scan, Delete, Restore or Extract.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security