Author Topic: Cannot Install Avast Cleanup incorrect "side-by-side configuration"  (Read 3603 times)

REDACTED

I've just downloaded Avast Cleanup as a trial and when I go to run the install I get the error: The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I am running Avast Endpoint Protection 8.0.1609.

I saw a post for another product that noted that the issue was because it wasn't installed through the antivirus control panel, but that option is  not available on my Endpoint Protection panel.

Thanks.

Offline RailroadT

Re: Cannot Install Avast Cleanup incorrect "side-by-side configuration"
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:12:56 PM »
Ditto for me on October 27th, except that I am not using Avast as my security software at this time.  I would really like to try it out, and possibly switch back to Avast eventually for everything, if things go well.  :) I have attached a parsed sxstrace of the execution of the setup program in text format.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 09:03:22 AM »
I've just downloaded Avast Cleanup as a trial and when I go to run the install I get the error: The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I saw a post for another product that noted that the issue was because it wasn't installed through the antivirus control panel, but that option is  not available on my Endpoint Protection panel.

Thanks.

Hi,

may I ask you where did you download the installer?
Also I would recommend you to download it again from this website:
https://www.avast.com/download-software
where we have offline installer of Avast Cleanup available which should work fine.

Best regards,
Avast Cleanup team!

Offline RailroadT

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 05:01:01 PM »
Thanks, Stellarman.  I received an e-mail apparently ??? from Avast offering a free trial of Avast Cleaner.  As I remember, the Avast web site the link took me to seemed legit (https...), but perhaps it was not.  This is where I downloaded the setup file from.  I will try the link you sent me.  :)

Offline RailroadT

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

Thanks.

Hi,

may I ask you where did you download the installer?
Also I would recommend you to download it again from this website:
https://www.avast.com/download-software
where we have offline installer of Avast Cleanup available which should work fine.

Best regards,
Avast Cleanup team!

Ditto for me on October 27th, except that I am not using Avast as my security software at this time.  I would really like to try it out, and possibly switch back to Avast eventually for everything, if things go well.  :) I have attached a parsed sxstrace of the execution of the setup program in text format.

Thanks, Stellarman.  I received an e-mail apparently ??? from Avast offering a free trial of Avast Cleaner.  As I remember, the Avast web site the link took me to seemed legit (https...), but perhaps it was not.  This is where I downloaded the setup file from.  I will try the link you sent me.  :)

Hi Stellarman,

Sorry I didn't let you know how this worked out in the long run -- I was sick for quite some time.  The software from the download link you sent me worked fine and I had no further problems.

I have switched my VPN to Avast Secureline, as I was having major problems with another vendor's product.  It has worked very well also, and I am tentatively planning on switching all of my security software back to Avast, when the software subscription from the other vendor expires in the spring.

Thanks again for your help.  :)