Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Master Password only working on one of my devices

<< < (2/2)

Martin Kvetko:
Each device is having its own password. The master password is never synchronized!
If you have not set master password for windows (as you haven't been forced to do so) and you can see Master password entry screen then it means that feature we call "system login" failed when your password storage is unlocked with you windows account unlock.
It should only happen in case someone else changed your password for windows account. If that happens ask that someone to change it back to password you were using for windows before and then login to account and change your windows password to the new one.

REDACTED:
I don't use a password to log into windows and never have so that blows that one out of the water.  If they have to have separate master passwords then surely the second machine should not be asking for one as I have never set one up on that.  This is now a Catch22 situation where I am required to enter a master password that I have never set.  Wonderful!  Not to worry I've just dumped it all as total rubbish.

Martin Kvetko:

--- Quote from: sdbooth on November 21, 2017, 01:19:35 PM ---I don't use a password to log into windows and never have so that blows that one out of the water.  If they have to have separate master passwords then surely the second machine should not be asking for one as I have never set one up on that.  This is now a Catch22 situation where I am required to enter a master password that I have never set.  Wonderful!  Not to worry I've just dumped it all as total rubbish.

--- End quote ---
If you don't use password to windows and we you have not master passwords (on Avast passwords set) then it a bug we haven't found and seen yet. Could you please let me know windows version you are running so I can check this out?

philvr6a:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=211841.0

I am having this exact problem, posted on a separate note. Perhaps there is a bug in the software. I am synced to another device which is still working. Can' t recover this one withthe receovery email so far

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version