Author Topic: AVAST PREMIER Customer: Program & Defs Refuse to Upgrade & Program Says I'm FREE  (Read 1038 times)

REDACTED

I am a PREMIER member and have been for quite some time. Your site says I'm "Free." Why? I paid you...

Also, program keeps encountering communications errors when I try to update DEFS and the Program itself, both of which are outdated by months. Not happy. Avast also makes contacting the company a totally futile exercise. How do I get this fixed? This has gone on for many weeks and I am getting NO RESPONSE AND NO RESOLUTION from Avast! Help! I'm desperate to fix this and may even go back to Norton!

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
I am a PREMIER member and have been for quite some time. Your site says I'm "Free." Why? I paid you...

Which site are you referring to?

Also, program keeps encountering communications errors when I try to update DEFS and the Program itself, both of which are outdated by months. Not happy. Avast also makes contacting the company a totally futile exercise. How do I get this fixed? This has gone on for many weeks and I am getting NO RESPONSE AND NO RESOLUTION from Avast! Help! I'm desperate to fix this and may even go back to Norton!

Is there an error code, could you post a screenshot? How did you contact Avast!? Are you from Australia and running National Broadband Network (NBN)?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:26:57 PM by Alikhan »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Avast also makes contacting the company a totally futile exercise
BS, all you have to do is fill out a few things on a form and hit the "submit" button.

Would not surprise me if the problems with the update(s) is the 41227 error. (DNS)
And for that one the solution has been posted many times.