Author Topic: Upgrade Avast Mobile security for an already stolen phone?  (Read 610 times)

Offline colinspocket

Upgrade Avast Mobile security for an already stolen phone?
« on: October 15, 2017, 12:31:35 PM »
I have an old device that was my primary phone several years ago. I clearly installed Avast Mobile Security and activated anti-theft while I was using it. I've since moved on to a new device and when I do this I remove all private data and disable security features of my old phones so I can pick them up and play with them easily.

I've recently been burgled and my old device was taken. I've since been getting location pings and am tracking the device. However, I am unable to take photos or record audio. I know these are premium features and I'm willing to pay to upgrade Avast on the device. Is it possible to pay and upgrade a subscription on a device that I have access to via My Avast but don't have physical access to?

The version of Avast anti-theft on the device is "3.0 Build 7650"

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Upgrade Avast Mobile security for an already stolen phone?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »
Not possible to upgrade if you don't have the phone.

You will have to go to the police with all the "tracking/pinging data" and have them find the phone.

Offline Tereza V.

• Poster
Re: Upgrade Avast Mobile security for an already stolen phone?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
Hi, I can confirm it is not possible. We do not support this version either. Contacting the police really seems to be the best idea.