Author Topic: avast skin problems  (Read 2310 times)

David Aleman

avast skin problems
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »
 ???
ok, i downloaded some skins for avast, but some of them look croped on the edges, i don't know why...
is there a solution for this?

also how can i switch between the skins i already have?

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: avast skin problems
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »
Welcome to forums !

1 - Right click avast! blue ball icon in your system tray. Choose Program Settings option. Click on APPEARANCE tab and in the right pane, choose USE TRANSLUCENT EFFECTS.

That is only if you have Windows 2000 or later. Earlier versions of Windows OS doesn't support these features, so if you have any one of them, you're stuck. You haven't mentioned anything about your system, and that's the first think eveybody should do when asking some question in forums like this (technically related).

2 - To switch between skins, go to avast! blue ball again, right click it and choose Start avast! antivirus option. When avast! is started, right click anywhere on the skin or simply press MENU button. Choose Select Skin option and you are good to go.

3 - resize your avatar please because it is way too big, actually I've never seen anything like that before. It looks more like desktop wallpaper than like avatar, lol. There are some forum policy and we all try to follow it. There is a button at the top of each page in this forum, called POLICY.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s