Author Topic: Safeprice linking to fraudulant sites  (Read 2147 times)

REDACTED

Safeprice linking to fraudulant sites
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:13:59 PM »
Hi, it saddens me to see Avast installing junk onto my PC without my permission or knowledge, Im even more disheartened to see that some (if not all) of that junk is not even fit for purpose.
 Now to top it off I see "Safeprice" is actually linking to dodgey / fake websites! (( hxxp://www_2017air_com/ ))
I thought the main purpose of this junkware was to protect us from these scammers.

Avast .. Please get back on the morrality waggon
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:12:07 PM by simo-2006 »

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Safeprice linking to fraudulant sites
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:21:06 PM »
If it's a dodgy fake website then please break the link, change http to hxxp.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:23:32 PM »
avast doesn't install junk.
It all happened with your permission.
Don't blame avast if you don't perform a custom installation and (un)check things you (don't) want.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:58 PM »
I always do a custom install and untick anything unwanted.
 Its the updates that are set on automatic for latest virus definitions ect. When the program is asking to be updated that is exactly what I expect, an update to the current program not extra junk installing along with that updated program. Besides in all the years Ive used Avast Ive only ever had praise for it, reccomended it to anyone asking / needing Antivirus and installed it on every computor that Ive repaired or worked on that needed it, its only recently that Avast have taken to such underhand tactics such as leaving install boxes ticked for the unsuspecting to install the junk on thier PCs.

Even after that, its not the fact of how the stuff got on my pc that is the real issue here, Safeprice is supposed to only give legitimate online shopping website links.