Author Topic: Secureline problems  (Read 4553 times)

REDACTED

Secureline problems
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
I am currently staying on a caravan park and need to use Secureline on their wi-fi as there are lots of other wi-fi users on the system, and it is unsecured. Whenever I try to start Secureline, it tries for about one minute then up pops a message saying "Unable to establish a connection".

I have had this happen recently in hotels as well. I have tried changing the Secureline server to another country, but it still won't connect. I know my Securline works, as I am writing this message in a Costa Coffee using their wi-fi, and my Secureline is active. If Secureline can't connect on unsecured public wi-fi (which is exactly what it is intended for) then what is the point in paying for it?????? Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be please?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:49:45 PM by Neddone »

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: Secureline problems
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
I had this issue recently and i thought it was something "punctual". Because, same as you, i was able to connect to secured Wi-Fi and cannot connect to unsecured Wi-Fi.
Now, as i can see, i was not the only one.
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

Offline jr19

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 05:16:24 PM »
I have a valid license and cannot connect from a Comcast broadband connection and I see other posting like this have been ignored more often than answered. So how about one of you Gurus jumping in here and solving some problems?
  Thanks,   -JR

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 06:21:32 PM »
jr19, you can try to talk to support and open a ticket: https://www.avast.com/support
They can take a little too longer to give you a proper response, but it may help.
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

Offline jr19

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 07:57:58 PM »
I have not been able to contact Support without the requirement to pay for their Premium Service. I have a valid license, am running Windows Home 7 and have done multiple reinstalls and license downloads, to no avail. I am a long-time customer on several machines requesting assistance and this needs the intervention/comment from JURAJ or MARTIN. I have been attempting to get this fixed for 90+ days and it appears that the only way to get a response is to pour more money into the hole. To me, that is not acceptable.
Thanks, John Rossie

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 04:48:43 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline jr19

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
Thank you,
  -JR

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 04:57:36 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »
I am currently staying on a caravan park and need to use Secureline on their wi-fi as there are lots of other wi-fi users on the system, and it is unsecured. Whenever I try to start Secureline, it tries for about one minute then up pops a message saying "Unable to establish a connection".

I have had this happen recently in hotels as well. I have tried changing the Secureline server to another country, but it still won't connect. I know my Securline works, as I am writing this message in a Costa Coffee using their wi-fi, and my Secureline is active. If Secureline can't connect on unsecured public wi-fi (which is exactly what it is intended for) then what is the point in paying for it?????? Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be please?
I think it may have something to do with the type of network, maybe you didn't allow your secure line on a WiFi like that ?It's possible that you only allow your secure line work on personal network in the control panel.(In case I’m a Chinese who use a windows with Chinese instead of English, my word may not be proper.)

Offline jr19

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 07:23:20 PM »
hello, 1219...........,
     I think your wording is acceptable and good English! I don't have any restrictions on network access nor do I distinguish between personal network and open network. No setting changes took place between the time when Secure Line was working properly and when it no longer connected. Yhe only change was the installation of Avast Anti-Virus and the re-installation of SecureLine.
     Where in China are you?
     Thank you for your response,

-JR

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:30 AM »
   Thanks for your praise😂,if so,I tend to think that it's about the secure line itself, I can't help you in this case...As a matter of fact, my secure line don't work as well and I can't even figure out if this software can work in my country or not... I‘m trying to figure this out by the technical support.But there is one possibility that your system identified it as a brand new software and asked you again if let that work on a public WiFi. After all , your computer’s symptom is too typical so that I can't help think about this.
   Ps: I'm from a small city of China and I think there is a small possibility a foreigner know this small place.